Chef for OpenStack Status 11/2
Posted by mattray on November 2, 2012
Getting back into the swing of semi-regular updates. Last week was the Chef Developer Summit, lots of great conversations and quite a few people interested in OpenStack. This week was catching up mostly, trying to clean up a few Essex leftovers before moving to Folsom.
- I bumped to Essex versions to 2012.1.0 to sync to the OpenStack versioning per feedback at the OpenStack Summit. I tagged everything for Essex and merged to master.
- Added an ‘lxc’ role to enable using LXC. Just an attribute and it just worked, so awesome.
- Added placeholder cookbooks for quantum, cinder and ceilometer. These have the suffix “-cookbook” in my GitHub, there was some discussion about wanting to rename the cookbook repos for the other 5 projects, anyone feel strongly?
- Updated all the Community cookbook dependencies and retested (apt, erlang, database, ntp, apache2, database, mysql, rabbitmq, openssh)
- Released a new version of pxe_dust which enforces assigning the PXE-booted NIC as eth0.
- Trying to coordinate Chef support for the bare-metal provisioning tool Razor, ping me if you’re interested.
- Canceled the NYC Chef for OpenStack Hack Day and NYC Chef Meetup.
- Preparing for the Opscode/DreamHost webinar “Automating OpenStack and Ceph at DreamHost with Private Chef“.
Next week I’ll be in Chicago presenting at the CME Group Technology Conference, ping me if you’re in Chicago and want to catch up. My OpenStack goals are to merge in the outstanding pull requests and resync with the latest Folsom work from rcbops, hopefully merging in some more branches.