New Frontiers (for me) in Ruby
Posted by mattray on December 7, 2010
As part of my new job I’m picking up Ruby 3 years after the last time I used it. Not surprisingly, it’s really nice now. I wanted to start a reminder blog post of all the useful tools I’ve installed on the way:
- RVM: manages multiple installed versions of Ruby. My PS1 is automatically configured now to show the output of rvm-prompt with the use of a after-use hook.
- Git-Up: automatically fast-forwards a git rebase.
- gem-open: opens up the Gem’s source in your $EDITOR (which should be emacs).
- gem-man: opens man pages for Ruby gems.
- rvm.el: RVM integration for Emacs.